Assembly Bill 1102 will be heard next in the State Senate Appropriations Committee on August 4th.
Please start making your calls today to the committee members (especially the committee chairman, Senator Kevin de Leon) – asking them to please SUPPORT Assembly Bill 1102. (If you get an answering machine during non-business hours, please leave a voice message.)
|Senator Kevin de Leon (Chairman)||(916) 651-4022|
|Senator Mimi Walters (Vice Chair)||(916) 651-4037|
|Senator Ted Gaines||(916) 651-4001|
|Senator Jerry Hill||(916) 651-4013|
|Senator Ricardo Lara||(916) 651-4033|
|Senator Alex Padilla||(916) 651-4020|
|Senator Darrell Steinberg||(916) 651-4006|
In a courteous way, please encourage these Senators above to SUPPORT Assembly Bill 1102, and let them know how you feel. If you wish – here are a few additional points to make during your phone calls:
- Please Vote to SUPPORT Assembly Bill 1102.
- Understand the fire rings are part of California’s heritage and should be for EVERYONE to use and should NOT be removed.
- They are a LOW-COST RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY – mandating charcoal use instead of wood is a silly and expensive idea.
- Please do NOT to be fooled by the latest Newport Beach City Council scheme to require only “charcoal –only” rings – designed to keep “outsiders” from using the state beaches and Newport Beach fire rings… you CANNOT build a bonfire with charcoal.
- People should have the freedom to choose wood or charcoal.
Please spread the word and ask your friends and family members to make calls too! Feel free to send them an email or text – and please link us to your Facebook page. Web: SaveTheFireRings.org Facebook: fb.me/SaveTheFireRings Twitter: @STFRNewport Lets get friends from across California to help us all in our effort to save an important part of our California culture! THANK YOU!!!